Community Recreation F.A.Qs
Community Recreation F.A.QsClick here to register
What are the USA of Indiana's Community-based Rec and Rec Plus programs?
USA of Indiana operates community-based Recreation and Recreation Plus programs in Avon, Brownsburg, and Indianapolis Pike Township. Children ages 3-12 play recreational soccer in Avon, Brownsburg and Pike Township community-based programs. Some 10U and 12U recreational teams may play in a limited number of cross-over matches at the other two USA of Indiana locations to ensure parity of competition.
The USA of Indiana Rec Plus program for youth ages 13 to 18 is also a community-based program with teams forming in both Marion County and in Hendricks County. USA of Indiana Rec Plus serves competitive players who desire a soccer experience with more limited travel and time commitments and a more modest tuition fee in the WCSSF Rec Plus league.
What is the USA of Indiana Travel Soccer Program?
Where do the travel teams practice and play?
- Each year, USA of Indiana strives to form competitive travel soccer teams with experienced coaches at each age group 8U-19U. These teams generally train and play home games at MJGSC in Indianapolis. If there are sufficient numbers of players, a premier team may be formed in each age group that will likely train one day at the Avon Soccer Complex or Brownsburg Soccer Complex and another day at MJGSC. Based upon several criteria, including available space at each complex, the coach’s preference, and a zip code study of the families on the team, the premier team’s training sessions will be scheduled based on the best match.
Where are the USA of Indiana Soccer Complexes and how far away are they?
- USA of Indiana operates primarily on the 100 fields in the Avon Soccer Complex, Brownsburg Soccer Complex, Mary & John Geisse Soccer Complex (Eagle Creek Park) and Northwestway Park. To see a list of our complexes get driving directions or see maps, please click here. It is only 4 miles from Avon Complex to Brownsburg Complex, 10 miles from Brownsburg Complex to MJGSC, and 3 miles from MJGSC to Northwestway Park. The longest distance, between Avon Complex and Northwestway Park, is 15 miles.
How and when do I join a USA of Indiana Travel Team?
- Free and open tryouts are held annually in June based on the requirements set for by the governing body of youth soccer in Indiana. In order to form the most competitive teams possible, all players in an age group tryout together. Players are placed on ability-based, gender and age specific teams that will train and compete together from August-June (8U-14U) or October-June (15U-19U). USA of Indiana will form as many teams as necessary to accommodate every skilled player. Players who may need a more developmental level of play will be directed to the USA of Indiana Rec or Rec Plus Programs, as needed. To get the best possible evaluation, it is important for each player to attend each tryout session.
Will I play on the same team for the same coach each year?
- Many players will continue on the same team with the same coach from year to year. However, because all players develop differently, players may move up and down accordingly as determined at tryouts. Player performance during tryouts and player commitment to the team will determine team placement. Coaches may continue with a team for a few years and then be reassigned to maximize the benefit of their individual coaching skills and abilities.
Do I try out for a particular team?
- All players tryout in their true age groups each June. As club determined, some players may be offered the opportunity to “play up” to an older age group. This is true even if your player is “playing up” an age now. Based upon player performance, each player is placed on the best fit competitive team.
What about "playing up?"
- Sometimes it may be necessary to “blend” two consecutive age groups to form a team. Although it does happen from time to time, it is rarely the case that a player is so exceptional that it is best for the child that he/she plays up. USA of Indiana is fortunate to form so many true age teams that there is usually a premier level team for the exceptional player to still play true age. Any decision to allow a "play up" situation is made by the USA of Indiana Soccer Director with input from the coaches and directors.
What will my team be named?.
- All travel soccer teams are named USA of Indiana (Year) (Sex) (Stars or Eagles) (Navy or White). For example if there are four teams in the age/sex:
USAi 1999 Boys Stars Navy
USAi 1999 Boys Stars White
USAi 1999 Boys Eagles Navy
USAi 1999 Boys Eagles White
Will USA of Indiana players be allowed to Club Pass?
- Yes. Coaches will be able to utilize the internal “club pass” system to freely use players from other USA of Indiana teams as needed, when developmentally appropriate, while maintaining the “Best Practices” model for the number of training sessions and matches. Each team in the age-group will have a distinct name and will be defined in detail including expectations, league level of play, number of training sessions per week, number of matches, and number and level of tournament play.
What do the uniforms look like and how much do they cost?
- Each player will wear customized adidas brand uniforms with the USA of Indiana style and logo. USA of Indiana adopts new uniform styles every two to four years based on availability and pricing. Click here to view uniform kit.
What is the cost to play?
- Club tuition fees will be published annually prior to tryouts and depend upon the age and level of play. Fees may differ by team, depending upon tournament selection and travel. The club tuition fee covers coach stipend, technical directors, goal keeper training, finishing (scoring) training, player registration with US Soccer, field and equipment maintenance, skills clinics. Additional team-based fees will be collected by the team manager to cover the team-based expenses, including league fees, ref fees and tournaments, including coach’s hotel expense if a tournament is out of town. Players purchase uniforms from the USA of Indiana authorized retailer. USA of Indiana tuition fees may be paid in several payments. Club Tuition assistance for tuition fees is available for qualifying families.