Coaching Resources & General Info
United Soccer Alliance of Indiana believes coaching education is a cornerstone to its commitment of providing the best possible environment for area youth and key to achieving its goal of fun, fair play, and player improvement.
- Fundamental Ball Skills School Manual (By US Youth Soccer Coaching Director Sam Snow, Coaching Director. Key coaching points of each major technique in soccer are presented and there is an example training activity for each technique. Major training concepts for learning specific physical movements are discussed)
- US Youth Soccer Vision Statement Youth Soccer in America How Do We Measure Success?
- Winning and losing are not the correct measures of success in youth soccer. Instead we should measure the development of the players. The next obvious follow-up question then is, “How do we measure the development of a single player?” How do we measure success? How do parents know if the team coach is doing a good job of teaching soccer to the players? How does the novice coach know if the kids are growing within the game? By US Youth Soccer Technical Department
- Overuse Injuries and Burnout in Youth Sports: A Position Statement from the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- 30 Small Sided Games For Training Sessions: CLICK HERE