Travel Coach resource: Stipends procedures, step by step.
Summary for independent contractors to be paid by USA of Indiana
1. All: complete criminal background check. Ask Administrator for a link to be sent to you via GotSoccer.
2. Supply Club with W-9 form each calendar year prior to first check AND send a revised W-9 with each address change throughout the year. USA of Indiana W-9 & Stipend Designation form Check may not be written without a current W-9 which does not need to be signed. There is a W-9 as a part of the Coach Agreement.
3. Travel Coaches: agree to and sign and supply Club with most current USA of Indiana Travel Coach Agreement Form Check may not be written without a signed agreement.
4. Travel Coaches: supply to Director Ian Scott your highest license certificate.
5. If no license, please take both the USSF Introduction course (20 minutes) and the USSF 4v4, 7v7 & 9v9 online courses and send copy of certificates to Director Ian Scott. The online courses are $25 here.
6. Travel Coaches: take CDC concussion course online . Be sure to sign onto your personal GotSoccer Account that you used to authorize the background check to take the CDC course.
7. Travel Coaches: take USC Anti-Bullying/LBGT and Heading courses online, report same to Director Ian Scott.
8. All Coaches, Managers, Board, Administrators: take Safe Sport training online. A coach or manager needs to sign in to his/her personal GotSoccer account. Then take the SAFESPORT CERTIFICATION course. Select the Learning Center Courses tab next to the course name. A pop up page contains a CODE NUMBER to copy to take the course for free. AND - they MUST - ABSOLUTELY MUST - use the exact same name and email address they have in their GotSoccer account.Select "Courses" and take the Safe Sport training. THIS IS A LONG COURSE so please allow an hour.
- Log in to your coach/manager account.
- Go to the LEARNING CENTER link
- Select the SAFESPORT Course
- You will need the ACCESS CODE: YC3E-6P5G-YYIL-CS2M
- You will select the member organization: US SOCCER
- Be sure to use the EXACT SAME FIRST NAME, LAST NAME, and EMAIL address you have in Gotsoccer. If you don't, your completion of the SAFESPORT course will not show up in your Gotsoccer account and you will be dropped from the roster.
9. Head Coaches: present annual individual player evaluations to the team on a timely basis. There is a portion of the coaching stipend that is paid for player evaluations. Deadlines for Fall only teams is November 30th and April 30th. Deadline for Spring only teams is April 30th.
10. Travel Coaches: take the Suicide Prevention course and submit certificate to Director Ian Scott. The suicide prevention course information is posted here.
General guidelines on travel coach stipends
- All USA of Indiana compensation is paid in arrears.
- Travel Coach stipends check are dated on or near 4/15 and 6/15 for spring; 9/15 and 11/15 for fall.
- The Spring stipend period is 10/15-7/31 including October Team Formations, fall training, fall games.
- The Fall stipend period is 6/1-12/31 including June Team Formations.
Each person, independent contractor, or company earning more than $599. in calendar year from United Soccer Alliance of Indiana - Pike Youth Soccer Club, Inc., MUST file with USA of Indiana bookkeeper a calendar year IRS W-9 prior to the first check being issued. It only takes a minute (name, address, SSN/Company ID) and may be completed on your device and emailed. No need to print, scan, etc. Posted on the forms page: USA of Indiana W-9 & Stipend Designation form
Coaching Contract is posted on the Resources>Form page here.
Concussion Quiz information posted here